Jumping rope is easily associated with boxers and playful children. However, skipping is one of the best forms of exercise, because it can be done almost anywhere, anytime. All you need is your rope.
This simple form of exercise is one of the best cardio and High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts available and is known to burn on average of 1300 kilojoules per hour. That is equivalent to a cheese burger. All these kilojoules can be burnt in the comfort of your own home, without the cost of a monthly membership fee.
Skipping exercise is great for:
– Muscle toning
– Increasing bone density
– Improving footwork, balance and co-ordination
– Endurance training and conditioning
– Achieving a full body workout
– Enhancing cardiovascular health
– Beginners who are embarking on an exercise routine
We would like to recommend the following basic tips when skipping:
– Buy the best quality rope possible
– Wear trainers or good sport shoes
– Try to jump on a shock absorbent floor such as wood
– Wear a good sports bra whilst exercising
– Always start with shorter jumps and increase gradually as your fitness levels improve
– Stretching before any exercise is always recommended to prevent injuries
At Vitaderm we encourage an active lifestyle, since increased blood circulation and endorphin levels will have an amazing effect on your complexion. Stay hydrated, eat balanced meals and persevere with your 20min skipping exercise routine.